About Volunteer Central Vic
The Volunteer Central Vic Service was established in July 2015 by Cobaw Community Health Services Ltd (Cobaw). This Volunteer Resource Service is a program which falls under the Department of Social Services Volunteer Management activities.
Our dedicated team aims to provide a matching referral service for people seeking volunteering opportunities.
We also offer:
- One-on-one assistance and coaching for volunteer managers
- Resources and training for volunteer organisations
- Advertising local volunteer roles along with help to draft adverts and role descriptions
Our service has a focus on support to people experiencing disadvantage.
We also offer support to young people looking to volunteer.
Phone 03 5421 1619
Volunteer Service Coverage Area
The volunteer service assists organisations to fulfil volunteer roles within Mount Alexander, Macedon Ranges and Heathcote areas.
Vision & Mission
Volunteer Central Vic is a Volunteer Resource Service, and is a service of Cobaw Community Health.
Volunteer Central Vic aims to increase fulfilment, health and well-being for all, and to support vibrant, connected communities through volunteering.
We strive to include everyone, and to connect volunteers, communities and organisations to optimal volunteer activities in an accessible way.
- Reach volunteers and grassroots community groups through accessible place-based services in the Macedon Ranges, Mount Alexander Shire and Heathcote.
- Provide an in-person matching service to connect new volunteers with community organisations and volunteering opportunities.
- Assist community organisations in volunteer recruitment by promoting opportunities.
- Provide assistance to community organisations with managing volunteers via one-on-one and group training.
- Provide access to resources and training tools for volunteer managers.
- Provide up to date information and tools for effective volunteer management practices, policies and procedures.