The Federal Government has released guidelines for the new Building Better Regions Fund. This fund replaces the National Stronger Regions Fund and the Stronger Communities Programme and will only fund projects in regional Australia.
The Community Investments Stream will fund community building activities including, but not limited to, new or expanded local events, strategic regional plans, and leadership and capability building activities. Supported projects will deliver economic and social benefits to regional and remote communities.
Your project must:
- be located in regional Australia outside the major capital cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, and Canberra
- be seeking a grant of at least $5,000 and up to a maximum of $10 million
- provide evidence confirming all co-funding contributions
- have a project that has not started at the time of application
- you must complete your project within 12 months of executing the grant agreement with the Commonwealth and by 31 December 2019.
To be eligible you must be a legal entity, have an Australian Business Number and be one of the following:
- a local governing body as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995
- a not for profit organisation.
For-profit organisations are not eligible to apply for this funding.
More details are available on the Australian Government website, and applications open on 18 January 2017.