Are you a volunteer coordinator based in Central Victoria? Have you ever wondered, “Do volunteers get WorkCover? Do we need insurance for our volunteers? What’s the difference between a volunteer and someone completing Work for the Dole? Do I need to say yes to everyone who wants to volunteer?”
These questions and more will be addressed at the upcoming training hosted by Cobaw Community Health’s Central Victorian Volunteer Service, Understanding Legal Issues, facilitated by Justice Connect Not-For-Profit Law on Tuesday 30 August in Woodend and Wednesday 31 August in Castlemaine.
The six hour training session will cover:
- Key legal differences between a volunteer, an employee and an independent contractor
- Volunteer selection processes
- Volunteer insurance
- Equal opportunity, information and privacy laws
- Duty of care requirements for volunteers
- Legal responsibilities
- Ending the volunteer relationship
To book or for more information visit our Events page.