Heathcote Health is always looking for volunteers as we believe they enhance the health service by providing value-added services to our patients, residents, families, and visitors.
Volunteering in our community is a great and valuable experience one could undertake where one could live and learn from a wide range of activities and roles in order to help and support those in need for the right cause and common good. We appreciate and highly regard the time and support we receive from our volunteers.
Community Support Volunteer roles can include the following:
- Provide assistance by delivering meals and/or food vouchers
- Transport clients to and from medical appointments
- Advocate on behalf of clients when necessary
- Keep yourself updated with changing community needs and local supports that are available – share community support information with clients.
No experience is needed but it is essential that you:
- have good communication skills
- are reliable and punctual
- have a genuine interest in older people’s needs, hopes, and aspirations
- can maintain confidentiality
- are open to diversity, respectful of other people’s values, and willing to learn.
Support and training will be provided.
The days and hours are negotiable based during business hours.
Volunteers are required to complete an application form and undergo a police check and working with children check.
Please contact Michelle Chapman on 03 5431 0900 or email email@example.com to apply or for further information.