Macedon Ranges Shire Council
The Macedon Ranges Shire Council are seeking volunteers to assist us with varied activities to support people in our community. Hours and days are negotiable. This volunteering role will be located around Kyneton and/or other Macedon Ranges surrounding areas. If you are interested in this role we would be delighted to hear from you!
Macedon Ranges Shire Council (MRSC) recognizes the valuable contribution to the community made by volunteers in the Macedon Ranges.
We actively engage with our volunteers to provide the necessary support and resources for them to do their role. We also try to match volunteers to roles that suit their knowledge and skills.
In addition to this, we provide:
- A safe and supportive working environment for volunteers
- Sufficient induction, training and ongoing support
- Council staff and contacts for support
- Insurance cover for volunteers whilst on duty, including Public Liability Cover, Professional Indemnity and Personal Accident Cover.
We are seeking volunteers to assist us with activities such as:
- Make regular phone calls to Community Register members
- Visit clients at home for a cuppa and chat
- Support clients to attend social events and activities
No experience is needed but it is important that you:
- Have good communication skills
- Are reliable and punctual
- Have a genuine interest in older people’s needs, hopes and aspirations
- Can maintain confidentiality.
Please contact Stephanie Harper on 03 5422 0258 or email email@example.com to apply or more further information.