Macedon Ranges Further Education Centre Inc.
Macedon Ranges Further Education Centre Inc is Gisborne’s Neighbourhood House and a provider of pre-accredited courses, programs and activities in Gisborne and the surrounding areas. We are seeking English as a Second Language (ESL) Volunteers to join our team. Hours required are during business hours. This volunteering role will be located at Gisborne. If you are interested in this role we would be delighted to hear from you!
Macedon Ranges Further Education Centre Inc is Gisborne’s Neighbourhood House and we are a provider of pre-accredited courses. We provide a range of programs and activities in Gisborne and the surrounding areas.
We are seeking friendly and enthusiastic English as a Second Language (ESL) Volunteers to support and facilitate English language classes and/or one-on-one tutoring to help migrants develop their literacy and English language skills in a secure and friendly environment. In general ESL Volunteers conduct classes in teams of two, together with another ESL Volunteer. This role may also be involved with assisting in cultural and social activities for clients and their families during school holidays and other similar occasions.
Roles and responsibilities may include:
- Plan lessons, prepare teaching materials and teach weekly classes (during school terms)
- Manage and support learners in a group and/ or one-on-one setting
- Maintain accurate records and share them with the Volunteer Engagement Team such as class attendance roll, overview of content covered, lessons learned, etc.
- Encourage clients and their families to participate in cultural and social activities during school holidays
- Participate in team meetings and debriefs
- Ensure complete confidentiality of all information discussed
- Report any matters of concern about clients, staff or other volunteers to the Team Leader in a timely and professional manner
- Work accordingly with the Work, Health and Safety guidelines.
Experienced ESL tutors and/or TESOL/CELTA cert. holders would be highly desirable.
All applicants must undergo a National Police and Working with Children checks
Please contact our friendly team on 03 5428 3799 and ask for Liza Fernandes or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.