Castlemaine Health is seeking Volunteer Driver for transporting patients. This role will be based in and around Castlemaine. Days and hours can be discussed upon contact. If you are interested we'd be delighted to hear from you.
Utilising Castlemaine Health Patient Transport vehicle, provide eligible Mt Alexander Shire community members and residents of Castlemaine Health Aged Care Facilities with a safe, reliable transport service to health appointments.
Under guidance from the Volunteer Program Manager:
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of all individuals
- Ensure the safety and security of the vehicle at all times whilst in charge of the vehicle
- Abide by all traffic laws and maintain safe driving practises
- Ensure no unapproved passengers are transported
- Store mobility aids in the vehicle’s boot or behind a safety barricade
- Report all accidents and incidents immediately to the Volunteer Transport Co-Ordinator
- Report all contact hours to enable the Manager to compile statistical and service data for funding requirements
Essential: Current drivers licence. A safe driving record.
Desirable: Interest/experience working/volunteering with older people with restricted mobility.
Key selection criteria:
- Confident and capable driver
- Willingness to undertake training and attend meetings
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take instruction and seek assistance
- Flexible approach, reliable and patient
- Non-judgmental and positive attitude
- This position description is subject to review and amendment at any time, as appropriate and as approved by the relevant Director.
- To ensure a healthy and safe work environment for employees and our clients, smoking is not permitted on hospital grounds, in buildings and offices or in any vehicle.
- The successful applicant will be required to provide a current Police Records Check prior to commencement. A Working With Children Check may also be required for particular positions.
Please contact Sue Hope on 03 5471 3233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or further information.