The Central Victorian Volunteer Service (CVVS), based at Cobaw Community Health, is looking for volunteers to help out with Member Support and Promotions.
We are looking for friendly and enthusiastic people to help out for anywhere from 4 hours per fortnight up to 2 days per week.
We are looking for volunteers to help in our main office in Kyneton for one-two days per week.
We are also looking for volunteers in Woodend, Castlemaine and Heathcote for four hours per week / fortnight to establish volunteer membership information sessions in these areas.
Duties include responding to inquiries from prospective volunteers and volunteer organisations, writing adverts for volunteer opportunities, supporting the placement of volunteers, updating website content, creating marketing materials, promoting role opportunities, helping with events and administration tasks.
As a Member Support and Promotions Volunteer your assistance will be invaluable as your work supports the service to increase and support volunteer participation in the region.
These roles can be varied ranging from providing direct member support and administrative duties to assistance in the creation and distribution of promotional materials and the delivery of community information sessions and events. Some volunteers may also be involved in updating website content along with writing and editing news blogs and e-bulletins.
As a Volunteer with us some of your duties may include:
- Support to deliver recognition and training events – assisting with logistical and promotional support prior to and on the day of the event
- Assistance with running information sessions, distributing information in the community and providing information to prospective volunteers
- Responding to volunteer registrations and enquiries
- Updating and editing role descriptions and volunteer role adverts
- Liaising with volunteer organisations in relation to volunteer opportunities
- Writing and updating website content
- Creating promotional materials including flyers, news updates and e-bulletins
- Updating and managing the volunteer management database
- Promoting the CVVS within the community to attract new volunteers
To be considered for these roles you will ideally have a friendly and enthusiastic manner and a desire to make a difference for volunteers and the community. Support and training will be provided.
Some travel may be required (on occasion) to various locations across our catchment area for events (i.e. from Castlemaine to Gisborne).
Skills and experience:
- Very good communication skills, a friendly outlook and an ability to interact with a variety of people
- Good written and verbal skills along with a warm and professional phone manner
- Sound computer skills and experience using the Microsoft suite of programs
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Experience in creating flyers and running or supporting events/promotions would be an advantage
If this sounds like a role that might interest you, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact us at: email@example.com or speak to Claire McLeod by calling 03 5421 1661.